Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Proofing proper. Experimenting the words.

I am ever grateful for the principles of the gospel, the first being faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, then repentance. I believe in the power of the sacrifice of our Lord. I believe that if I sin grievously that through his sacrifice I can be made clean. I believe that I have figured out another way to see if something is true.



Left handed tantrics are those who practice yoga in a special way. They believe that they can get closer to God by breaking the rules. I have dubbed myself the left handed mormon out of the same spirit. We can test the Lord's words. We are told by the brethren that we can test the commandments of God. In Malichi in particular reference to the scripture used to support the tithe we read a bold statement. Malichi 3:10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven , and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to recieve it." The Lord is daring us to follow the commandment. Bold words and beautiful doctrine. I have it from the Lord that I can test him to see if he will not bless me.



Doctrine and Covenants Section 130: 20-21

20 "There is a law irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated -

21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."



We have the promise. We can see the blessings of health by following the law of health, financial blessings? Law of tithing.



If this is the case it must needs follow that when we follow not what the Lord hath commanded we have no promise, correct?



What if we were to put the laws of God to the test in a new way to prove him now herewith? We can repent every time can we not? Then why not test the value of the commandments by breaking them?

Let us take tithing as an example. How many of us have been paying it on our gross faithfully? I imgine lots of us. Well then it should follow that if the principle is true then the Lord is bound and we all will see the advent of copious amounts of blessings in our homes. We will recieve so much that we will not know what to do with it all. . . . . . hmmmmm . . . . . . Well I done been payin judge! I been happily payin and honestly, financially speakin this hyar fella could use a bit of a gimme if ya know what I means.

I questioned this one day after a particularly harrowing meeting at my bank. I went in to the bishops office and asked where the blessings were. Treaures in heaven. But the Lord said my house . . . . . well you have the blessing but you just don't see them . . . . . . . What about the temple? You get to go. Aint that a blessing? You have the security of the bishop's storehouse.

Well okay then. I already have the blessings. There is one way to find out if that is true. There is a law irrevocably decreed and so I stopped paying and started saving the ten percent in a separate account. I sense no loss financially. The room in my house is actually less now that I stopped paying tithing cuz I bought new furniture. If anything I have more financial blessings in my life from not paying tithing. (to be fair I did not so much prove God wrong as maybe prove the LDS church wrong as to their claim that when you pay tithes to them it goes to God)

There is no person around that is honestly going to say that if you take up smoking and drinking that your health is going to improve, but according to the church, if you break it, you will not have blessings of health. Well don't go becoming an addict to test this one. Coffee is addictive as are the other no-no substances, but moderation and self control will help you test to see if indeed you will start fainting while walking. Look at your life while clean and sober, then start having a drink on Friday night, a cup of coffee twice a week, some tea with the ladies. Measure the difference in your physical performance. I bet if you can keep things moderate then you will see little to no change in the blessing category. If you see a huge difference in your life then fine, go and repent, utilize the sacrament that next Sunday to renew your baptismal covenant. After that, pure and clean again.

The Mormons aren't the first foamers to use scriptures to frighten their followers into contrition. The puritans are one example of the power of the idea. It is an American Christian tradition! These are antiquated control devices that are being used here. We are being controlled in almost every facet of our lives. The church even wields control over whether we touch ourselves or not! Sit down and look at it. Count your many restrictions. If we are faithful to the degree we are told we should be then we hardly have time to think. That is no accident. So lets take the Lord up on his promise and test all of the commandments of the Mormon church to see if the threats are solid. When we are sure that following the charge aint going to make a lick of difference then we can toss it out. One by one they will be guttered, you will see. And again if this method of proof shows you that the negation of the principle equally verifies it then whoopee, all that pain gave you some valuable gain! After you repent you can go back to all being well in Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment